I see I've gone almost a full 6 weeks without actually taking a moment to throw my thoughts into semi-tangible sentences. I suppose this could just be a quick "here's what's new" entry, but I don't really feel like making a list so I'll just see where my thoughts take me:
Went to another prenatal visit a week ago and found that the baby is doing well and Cindy is, too. Also heard the baby's heartbeat... that was surreal; sounded like a dishwasher swish-swish-swishing along at a rather high speed. While it was a really cool experience, I'm afraid I can't tote it as the end-all of pregnant-life moments. I suppose hearing the heartbeat was more reassuring than anything else.
I'm still going to school and have officially decided this is the least enjoyable semester to date. I have NO classes that I'm interested in, and only one that I'm semi-tolerating. This is a good test of will-power, because that's what it's taking to get out of bed every morning and actually go to class.
Aside from that, life has settled into a routine. Working from home was a bigger transition than I first thought. There's always a thousand things to do around the house (and no, I'm not just referring to xbox and tv). I'm rarely at my computer anymore, where I used to be locked to it for 6 straight hours in an office setting. I love the comforts of home, but it's proving to take a bit more self-discipline to keep on track with studying and getting the highest priority things done first (for anybody that knows me, that's not a strength of mine).
Lastly, I was released from my church calling in the Young Men's Presidency. This is the most bittersweet of all the releases I've had. I really loved working with the youth of the ward and seeing their growth and maturity while I was there. On the other hand, that calling really did take up a LOT of time so the release itself was rather nice for my schedule, but if I was still in the calling, I wouldn't mind a bit.
Now? I'm the Stake Men's Sports Specialist. I help out with the Stake sports program which is, at the moment, church basketball. The workload comes in spurts and I lose one evening a week to it. So far, so good. I'm doing what I can to make things uber-organized, a trait sorely lacking in Stake organized sports around here. Once that's in place, it's a matter of making sure sports can serve a higher purpose than just getting together to sweat a lot and realize how old and out-of-shape you're becoming. But, you need a foundation if you want to build anything, so I'm starting simple.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! New blog from Chris. Good to hear everything is going well. Yeah, I have decided that working remotely this summer will be way weird. I won't even have school to go to like you. I'll just become a hermit that stays in her underwear all day. I do miss you being at the computer. We hardly ever get to talk anymore.
Post a Comment