I missed posting in November. Too bad, it was an okay month. Here's the brief update to get things up to speed:
I didn't grow a mustache cause it looked stupid.
I did study for my math test and got an A on it.
Since then, I worked a bit, went to school a bit, and had a mini-crisis where I questioned where my life was and if I really truly was okay with the decisions I make. For the most part, the self-assessment came out in the positive and I reaffirmed my commitment to school, to work and to my calling in church. With that came a reassurance that I'm doing the things I need to be doing and that, when it comes down to it, I'm being taken care of. That crisis resolved itself Sunday afternoon, largely due to Cindy and her patience in listening to me ramble on about things that haven't made sense in my head yet. This brings us up to today.
I went to the dentist this morning. Going to the dentist is like scheduling a time to be disappointed. I meet with somebody, they clean my dirty teeth and tell me to floss more. Then the dentist comes in and says "IT'S DISAPPOINTMENT TIME!" and gives me the bad news. I have never been to the dentist where I haven't had bad news. Every time I go there's a cavity, and this trip was no different. 7 cavities and one of them marked as "HIGH" priority, which means I need to get it taken care of or I'll die (probably not, but the way they made it sound, it sure seemed like it). Then the no insurance topic came up and the damage was given. 1200 dollars to sit in a chair and have a dentist drill my teeth. lovely. So, I left Tuesday morning ticked at the world and my genetic makeup for giving me such pathetic teeth.
I want insurance. I want insurance for Cindy more. Paying for dental insurance on your own means you pay out the butt and then after you've been violated for 18 months they'll help pay for things. Medical insurance is somewhat similar, but the wait is 12 months and you get some help up front. So, after reviewing the budget and planning out next year, we opted to just suck it up and pay for health insurance on our own forgoing the dental insurance joke. Papers are filled out and set to get sent off to the underwriters so they can figure out how much more to charge us. I actually had the papers filled out late November, but keep stalling for no reason; I still haven't sent them.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment